St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral, Carden Place is a welcoming and caring Christian community in Aberdeen City.
We are a church in the Scottish Episcopal Diocese of Aberdeen and Orkney and a part of the global Anglican Communion. We meet in a building – known as the ‘Tartan Kirkie’ – as touched by history as it is accentuated by colour.
At whatever stage you find yourself in life, we welcome you to join us.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.”
- Photograph Competition 2023 ResultsIt’s time to reveal the winners of the St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral Photograph Competition for 2023. This year the competition judge was Reverend Dr Jenny Holden.… Read more: Photograph Competition 2023 Results
- St Mary’s Peace Garden completedOn Sunday 13th August, our Patronal Festival, we marked the completion of our new Peace Garden with an outdoor dedication and blessing led by Revd… Read more: St Mary’s Peace Garden completed
- Poem Competition 2023 resultsIt’s time to reveal the winners of the St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral poem competition for 2023. Many thanks go to our competition judge, Fr Jason Hobbs,… Read more: Poem Competition 2023 results
- St Mary’s in vacancyWith St Mary’s now in vacancy following the resignation of the Rector, cover will be arranged to ensure that the regular pattern of worship continues.… Read more: St Mary’s in vacancy
- A Prayer for the CoronationEternal and ever-reigning God, you created the heavens and the earth and hold all things in the palm of your hand. You call us to… Read more: A Prayer for the Coronation
- Newsletter – 26th November 2023The annual cycle of the Church’s year comes to an end with the Feast of Christ the King. The year that begins with the hope of the coming Messiah ends with the proclamation of Jesus’ universal sovereignty. The ascension has revealed that Christ is Lord of heaven and earth, and final judgement is one of his proper purposes. But what type of King is this? This king is also a shepherd. A shepherd working amongst the flock getting dirty and sweaty as the goats are sorted out from the sheep. In our gospel reading we learn the basis upon which this judgement will be made. We are to be judged by how we treat others.
Raise donations for St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral