St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral, Carden Place is a welcoming and caring Christian community in Aberdeen City.
We are a church in the Scottish Episcopal Diocese of Aberdeen and Orkney and a part of the global Anglican Communion. We meet in a building – known as the ‘Tartan Kirkie’ – as touched by history as it is accentuated by colour.
At whatever stage you find yourself in life, we welcome you to join us.
“With the coming of spring, I am calm again.”
- Photograph CompetitionMatthew McVey, our organist and a member of the Fundraising & Social Group suggested that we might hold a Photograph Competition as part of our […]
- It looks great!We now have a brand-new public sign at St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral. The design was produced by Stuart Smith at Alt Ten Interactive and it was installed […]
- Friday Night Zoom QuizWhy not join us for a fun social evening with friends and test your brain cells at the same time? St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral are hosting a Friday Night Quiz on Zoom on the 19th March at 7:30pm.
- How do I make a donation to St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral?Our website now has a donation facility at the bottom of our Homepage. If you scroll right down, you’ll find it there. Simply click on the gold “Donate” button and you will be given the choice to pay with your PayPal account if you have one or with your own debit or credit card.
- Join us for Sunday BrunchThe picture in this news article was captured from last Sunday’s Zoom Brunch meeting. Clearly, someone had made a funny comment which was caught just […]
- Newsletter – Sunday 9th May 2021In our Gospel today, in these privileged final days of Eastertide, we listen once again to the words of Jesus at the Last Supper, as handed on to the Church by the Beloved Disciple. The language of this discourse is perfectly simple; the style repetitive. The thought moves in circles, or, perhaps better, in spirals. Yet it’s all divinely revealed wisdom. Here is unveiled for us the theology of the Holy Trinity, and the meaning and purpose of human life, and the height of Christian mysticism. We can never come to an end of reading these words of Jesus, meditating on them, wondering at them, rejoicing in them: for they are life for us, and our glory.
Raise donations for St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral