St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral, Carden Place is a welcoming and caring Christian community in Aberdeen City.
We are a church in the Scottish Episcopal Diocese of Aberdeen and Orkney and a part of the global Anglican Communion. We meet in a building – known as the ‘Tartan Kirkie’ – as touched by history as it is accentuated by colour.
At whatever stage you find yourself in life, we welcome you to join us.
“Forgiving and being forgiven are two names for the same thing. The important thing is that a discord has been resolved.”
- Baptism of Kevin Tobechukwu Victor AbugwuThe wonderful Baptism of Kevin Tobechukwu Victor Abugwu today at St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral.
- Patronal Festival – 15th of August – a message from our RectorOn Sunday the 15th of August we will observe the feast day of St Mary the Virgin. This is also the day that we will celebrate […]
- Poem CompetitionAny budding poets out there? Or are you a poet and you don’t know it? Whichever you are please enter our Poem Competition, support St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral […]
- From the Rector – notification to the congregation of St Mary’s Pro-CathedralIt is the desire of the St Mary’s Vestry to install a Peace/Therapeutic Garden within the west end of the parking area at the front […]
- Photograph Competition ResultsIt’s time to reveal the winners of the St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral photograph competition. Many thanks to Bishop Anne Dyer for taking on the difficult task […]
- Newsletter – Sunday 12th September 2021In our Gospel reading today, we hear Peter declaring Jesus to be the leader God sent to his people. The next minute, Peter is contradicting his God-appointed leader! This is an emotional reaction. What Jesus said deeply disturbed Peter’s idea of what the Messiah would do. Peter had the presence of mind to take Jesus aside and “correct” his teacher privately. I commend today’s Gospel to your reading list
Raise donations for St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral