St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral, Carden Place is a welcoming and caring Christian community in Aberdeen City.
We are a church in the Scottish Episcopal Diocese of Aberdeen and Orkney and a part of the global Anglican Communion. We meet in a building – known as the ‘Tartan Kirkie’ – as touched by history as it is accentuated by colour.
At whatever stage you find yourself in life, we welcome you to join us.
“God for us, God alongside us, God within us.”
(Richard Rohr, ‘The Divine Dance: The Trinity and Your Transformation’)
- Photograph CompetitionMatthew McVey, our organist and a member of the Fundraising & Social Group suggested that we might hold a Photograph Competition as part of our […]
- It looks great!We now have a brand-new public sign at St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral. The design was produced by Stuart Smith at Alt Ten Interactive and it was installed […]
- Friday Night Zoom QuizWhy not join us for a fun social evening with friends and test your brain cells at the same time? St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral are hosting a Friday Night Quiz on Zoom on the 19th March at 7:30pm.
- How do I make a donation to St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral?Our website now has a donation facility at the bottom of our Homepage. If you scroll right down, you’ll find it there. Simply click on the gold “Donate” button and you will be given the choice to pay with your PayPal account if you have one or with your own debit or credit card.
- Join us for Sunday BrunchThe picture in this news article was captured from last Sunday’s Zoom Brunch meeting. Clearly, someone had made a funny comment which was caught just […]
- Newsletter – Sunday 20th June 2021When we hear in today’s Gospel from Mark “Let us go across to the other side”, in some ways that short phrase describes the spiritual life. Jesus is always taking us across to the other side – to new ways of believing, seeing, thinking, acting, new ways of being and relating to others, new ways of living, loving, and trusting. These new ways are God’s ways. To go across to the other side is, at some level, to enter into new territory, a foreign land waiting to be explored or more deeply experienced.
Raise donations for St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral