There are lots of ways in which people can get involved in the life of our church, including participating in services or helping with keeping the church clean and tidy. Please speak to a member of the vestry if you would like more information or to get involved in any way.
Please note that the activities described below are what we would do in ‘normal’ times, and some of them are suspended or amended during Covid.
- Cleaning: We have a small team that meets on a Saturday Morning to prepare the Church for Sunday and for the week ahead.
- Coffee: We always invite everyone in the congregation to join us for tea or coffee and biscuits after the Sunday 10am service, and a small team of volunteers serves this. This is suspended during Covid.
- Flowers: We have a small team who create the flower arrangements within our Church.
- Intercessions: Several members of the congregation take turns to lead us in prayer roughly every six weeks during the Sunday 10am and Wednesday 10am Services.
- Reading: Similarly, several members of the congregation read lessons once every couple of months or so, at the Sunday 10am and the Wednesday 10am services.
- Servers: Some of our congregation serve at the Altar during the Sunday 10am service.
- Sidespersons: Sidespersons normally hand out and take back books, and take the collection during the Sunday 10am service. During Covid, we are encouraging people to give by standing order or direct debit having a retiring collection only, and sidespersons will also help with collecting contact details and with social distancing.
- Sound: We need volunteers to operate the sound system on a rota basis during the 10am Sunday services.
In addition, you may also feel called to a specific ministry within one of the following teams:
- Fundraising and Social Group: Help organise our fundraising and other social events.
- Information and Communications Group: This group is responsible for how we communicate with, and reach out both to our church family, and to the wider community.
- Pastoral Care Team: This team visits members of the congregation who may be ill, for example, at the request of the Rector.
- Lunchtime Fellowship Team: You might want to help plan and lead the monthly Lunchtime Fellowship service.
You may be interested in joining one or more of our groups that gather. In particular we have Advent and Lent Groups that meet to prepare for Christmas and for Easter. Times of meetings will be posted on the calendar although please note that occasionally, meeting dates do change or are cancelled. More information about these groups will also be made available as the respective seasons approach.