Matthew McVey, our organist and a member of the Fundraising & Social Group suggested that we might hold a Photograph Competition as part of our ongoing fundraising activities. We all thought it was a good idea – so the competition will run between Easter Sunday (4th April) until Trinity Sunday (30th May) inclusive. You can see the photographs submitted so far here.
Subject of your photographs
The subject of your photograph(s) is entirely up to you. Anything really that depicts life at this season of the year. We would like each photograph to come with a caption which again can be whatever you think is appropriate, perhaps some details about the photograph, or it could even be the line from a hymn.
The competition rules
- Anyone who wishes to enter the competition should submit their photograph(s) to Mr David Rose via the St Mary’s email address at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is no limit to the number of photographs that can be submitted by each entrant, but the St Mary’s Vestry has the right to decide which photographs are displayed.
- The photograph must have been taken by you (or by a family member, who has given permission for it to be sent into the Photograph Competition.)
- Photographs will be display on the St Mary’s website with a number and an appropriate caption. Each entrant will be deemed to grant St Mary’s Vestry a royalty free non-exclusive licence to publish the material.
- Photographs of people are not encouraged to avoid the requirement to obtain their express written permission.
- The entry fee for each photograph submitted will be £2. Payments can be made via the PayPal donation function, direct to St Mary’s bank account or by cheque made payable to St Mary’s Episcopal Church, Carden Place, Aberdeen.
- The St Mary’s Vestry will select what they consider to be the best three photographs and the winning entrants will receive a gift for 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed photographs.
- All photographs must be submitted before midnight on Sunday 30th May to be entered in to the competition.