St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral Gift Day
On Sunday 14th August we will observe the feast day of St Mary The Virgin. This is also the day that we will celebrate own own Patronal Festive at St Mary’s. This is an important occasion and opportunity to encourage everyone to consider making a financial gift towards our iconic and beautiful ‘Tartan Kirkie’. More details on the planned use of the funds will appear in our Newsletters shortly.
Photograph Competition 2022
Any budding photographers out there? Whether you are a photography hobbyist or just like taking snaps with your mobile phone please enter our Photograph Competition and support St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral. Here’s a reminded of the competition timeframe, subject matter and rules:
The Photography Competition 2022 will run from 1st July to 31st October.
Subject of your photographs
The subject of your photograph(s) is entirely up to you. Anything really that depicts life at any season of the year. We would like each photograph to come with a caption which again can be whatever you think is appropriate, perhaps some details about the photograph, or it could even be the line from a hymn.
The competition rules
- Anyone who wishes to enter the competition should submit their photograph(s) to Mr David Rose via the St Mary’s email address at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is no limit to the number of photographs that can be submitted by each entrant, but the St Mary’s Vestry has the right to decide which photographs are displayed.
- The photograph must have been taken by you (or by a family member, who has given permission for it to be sent into the Photograph Competition.)
- Photographs will be display on the St Mary’s website with a number and an appropriate caption. Each entrant will be deemed to grant St Mary’s Vestry a royalty free non-exclusive licence to publish the material.
- We plan to use twelve photographs for a St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral calendar for 2023 and will acknowledge the contributors.
- Photographs of people are not encouraged to avoid the requirement to obtain their express written permission.
- The entry fee for each photograph submitted will be £2. Payments can be made via the PayPal donation function, direct to St Mary’s bank account or by cheque made payable to St Mary’s Episcopal Church, Carden Place, Aberdeen.