Join us on Zoom for a chat with a cup of tea or coffee after the Sunday Service. Contact details will be emailed to all congregation members on the previous Saturday. For more information please contact us.
Any budding poets out there? Or are you a poet and you don’t know it? Whichever you are please enter our Poem Competition, support St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral and have fun at the same time. Here’s a reminded of the rules:
- Anyone who wishes to enter the competition should submit their poem(s) via the St Mary’s email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The subject of your poems is entirely up to you and need not be necessarily church related.
- The poem should be all your own work.
- As a guide your poem maybe two verses and between 4 to 6 lines per verse. Deviation from the suggested format is permissible.
- There is no limit to the number of poems that can be submitted by each entrant, but the Vestry of St Mary’s has the right to decide which poems are published.
- Poems will be published on the St Mary’s website with a number and title. Each entrant will be deemed to grant St Mary’s Vestry a royalty free non-exclusive licence to publish the material.
- The entry fee for each poem submitted is £2 and you can enter as many poems as you like. Payments can be made direct to St Mary’s bank account, or by cheque made payable to St Mary’s Episcopal Church, Carden Place, Aberdeen or via the PayPal donation facility on our website.
- The closing date is set as 17th October (Harvest Sunday).
- The best three poems will be selected by the Vestry of St Mary’s.